My blog hasn't been about our travels and adventures for more than a year now, so I decided it was time for a name change :). Aidan has been suggesting a new section of my Etsy shop, Feltaroo -- one named "Kanga Knits" where I could sell my hand knit items that aren't felted. I still feel my knits are more personal somehow, though, and I'm not quite ready to sell them. Still, the name has been spoken around the house here for months and I realized it is the PERFECT name for the blog, where I share my explorations, trials, tribulations and learning adventures in knitting. I also love the symmetry of one child naming the shop and the other the blog. They are amazing people, our children.
Since the New Year (and the end of the Holiday insanity/German Christmas Markets), I have been taking it easy with the felting - just filling orders. But I have been knitting as much as ever. Inspired by friends who are having babies, I have been enjoying knitting all different types of baby sweaters. I have also begun sweaters for Doug, Aidan and myself and completed one for Maggie. Poor Aidan, I tried to knit his left-handed, but my tension is so very uneven still while knitting continental that I had to tink the whole thing and start over. (I persisted for quite a while, telling myself that blocking would even it out. Luckily, my knitting group talked me out of that.) Doug's is a very elaborate Aran knit in dk yarn, so it is taking a while. When I began, I thought I would have it in time for his birthday, but that is simply impossible. Now, I am thinking Hannukah.
No comments:
Post a Comment