Sunday, November 4, 2012

Longies for Mose

We have had a cold and dreary week here in Berlin, but I have been keeping warm knitting "longies" for my little friend Mose.  He was here with his parents for three weeks and broke all our hearts by heading back to Massachusetts. To keep him feeling close, I have been making him cold weather gear. Longies are long-underwear for babies, with built in feet. Using a pattern by Zimmerman I made one pair, then, I adapted it immediately for the second pair. Made from wool sock yarn, they are machine washable (and dry-able!).  Babies can wear them under regular clothes or as their trousers.

Knitting baby pants has been my "naughty" knitting as I am prepping again for the Berlin Christmas Markets in December. I have plenty of Feltaroo knitting to do to keep me busy from morning to night! More on German baby rattles another day....

2 comments:

Colbet said...

We will be happy to offer a product evaluation after these adorable longies get to us!

Amy said...

Love them! Elizabeth Z. was so clever