Sorry for the radio silence! I have been busy clicking away at the needles - not the keyboard. I am happy to say that I have been attending to my goals, shockingly! Perhaps the biggest news is that I have made something absolutely lovely that I believe could be one of my first two products that I could sell. It is a gorgeous felted baby bonnet with sweet round shaping such as to cup a baby's head lovingly. Plus, it goes great with the felted baby booties I already make -- to form a set. Together, they are truly beautiful and seem like they could become heirlooms. Pictures don't do them justice, but I will try to post a few!
On other fronts, I have been practicing my continental knitting -- just the knit stitch for now and only until my hand gets stiff. I can see that it will be infinitely faster, once I get the hang of it! Also, I have been researching designs for a felted baby boy hat. This has involved experimenting with designs for regular knitted hats - translating them for felting and then seeing how well they felt. I think I have one that will work after I have made some additional adjustments. Maybe I will post some pics of my prototype another day. I haven't done any needle felting yet, but I have made a couple of swatches (future coasters) that I will be able to practice on. We had our first (very small) knitting group on Sunday (but I really HAVE to get an advertisement in some newsletters). Finally, I have been investigating options for selling my creations. It is complicated a bit by the fact that I don't have access to sending business items through the US mail. So, while I have looked into Etsy (a lovely website for buying and selling handmade items), I would have to mail things internationally - and charge a higher shipping rate accordingly. Not impossible, but worth thinking about twice. I have asked at one shop locally, but they claim to only sell items made by their employees. I plan to take a sample by anyway!
2 comments:
Can I put in the first order for baby girl felted hat and booties? I am late on Liza's baby gift!
what about sending them to a friend/family member for them to sell?
Post a Comment