Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Year of the Gauge Swatch: Product Line

Over a week since I last posted!!!  I sure have been busy knitting!  I have designed a couple of new felt knit children's hats -- just in time for spring.  Oh well.
I call this hat the Twist.

The Comet


Actually, I also have been working on some other, non-seasonal products.  The rule of gauge says that I should actually PLAN what I make -- based on what is coming up.  Winter is not right around the corner, so I should make things that people might want to buy in spring and summer.  So, I have been thinking toys, dress-up, & imagination.  On Saturday I took an amazing all-day workshop on needle felting.  Check out the lovely little things I made.
All the ones on the left are needle-felted from raw wool by ME!  The lovely lady on the right I bought at a Christmas market.  Maggie and I have been practicing since then and we are getting better.  They aren't quite sturdy enough for babies, but they are nice for school age through adult though.

For little ones, I have been trying out different ideas for finger puppets.  Here are two of my newest gals:


I have also been working on a design for a fairy garland, decorated with leaves and flowers. My parents and Doug's parents both sent me money for my birthday & I have had a lot of fun spending it on my obsession.  Included among my other purchases, I got a great book with TONS of patterns for leaves and flowers, so now I will be able to finish that garland.  Here's a pic of some of the stuff that came in the mail the yesterday.
Thanks so much!

No comments: