Sunday, August 5, 2007

Cliff-hangers and other forms of torture

Okay, now we are on page 502 and it is more and more difficult to resist the urge to read ahead. I think this one is really good. It keeps us filled with anxiety and laughing at regular intervals. If Harry weren't such doubting Thomas, well, then he wouldn't be Harry, but he wouldn't be half so annoying.

In addition to reading the book today, we managed to do the weekly shopping and do some preparatory things for the family that we are sponsoring. They arrive on Tuesday, so we walked through the house and made sure everything worked and wrote a short list of things for the housing folks to fix. We went to the store and got them their staples too. Tomorrow, we will get flowers, decent ice cream and make them a quiche. Tuesday, we will pick them up from the airport, drive them about (school, etc.) and have them to dinner. Wednesday, we will do more of the same and over the weekend too. We are pretty excited about this -- it is so nice to do this stuff for a new family, as we felt so well taken care of when we first arrived. We have all been looking forward to doing it for someone else.

On the other hand, did they have to arrive so soon?? And right in the middle of #7??? What were they thinking? Actually, it is Amazon's fault, as we got our book two weeks late! Usually, I am such a fan of a place that makes me happy on such a regular basis....

Our only other cliff-hanger at the moment is the List. More about that tomorrow.

Ah-ha -- my own cliff-hanger....

1 comment:

melanie malaviya said...

I just started reading the series! I read #1 and #2 last week. Prasanna is kidding me about buying #3, so I think I will have to wait a day or two...;(

Enjoy the time with the kiddos, maybe you could read ahead!