Hooray! It looks so gorgeous and it is going to clean the dust out of the air!! I wish the kids were going to be home any minute, but they have activities today, unfortunately.... They will see it when they come. It isn't sticking on the ground in our yard, but it is sticking to the hills all around us.
In other news, I read that we had a small earthquake today, that I did not even notice. I guess it was a 5.0 and made the buildings downtown sway. Maybe we live in a particularly stable valley? I'm not sure.
Also, we have spent the last couple of days welcoming the new family at the embassy that we are "sponsoring". Over the weekend, we got food and house ready for them. Then, yesterday morning we picked them up from the airport and got them settled at home. I took them to the school for a visit (8 year old daughter is fabulous) and then they both came to dinner last night. This morning I helped with more needed items, a transportation contract for school, etc. and this afternoon we will take a trip to the grocery store. They are very nice and it is a joy to try to help them land softly here in Chile. It is also a bit of a shock to be reminded of how overwhelming it is to arrive in a new country and get started on a new life!
What else? Oh, I found a fresh cheese that makes fabulous paneer and we ate a very yummy reasonable facsimile of Malaviya Palak/Saag Paneer last night! I had the maid chop the onions and tomatoes and wash the spinach -- so it was even easy to assemble. What a cool thing.
Okay, gotta do a couple things before everyone needs me all at once!
2 comments:
Thanks for the acknowledgement of yummy saag paneer....we are up to our eyebrows in cherry tomatoes with a heat index of 111* so it is hard to imagine SNOW!!!
Keep blogging, I need my daily fix of Undiplomatic news!
Post a Comment