When I started making felted eggs, I had imagined selling them. As Jews, we don't really "do" Easter. Not surprisingly, Maggie argued that it would be fun to keep them and I became convinced when I saw how all the Germans were buying spring boughs, bringing them inside and decorating them with eggs. We are
adopting local customs (much better, right?). They also decorate small bushes outside by hanging plastic eggs on them. We haven't done that yet.
 |
| Our "German Spring Decor" |
What I didn't realize was that my egg tree would look like a mouse tree to our cat. She is NOT a kitten and really not a playful kitty. Very friendly and affectionate, but not really into toys. Well, she loves this thing. She rips or knocks the eggs down, chases them all over the house, batting at them wildly, removes their "tails" (embroidery thread) and hides their "carcasses" in hard to reach places. You might notice in the close up that the kids have taken to knotting the eggs to the tree.
 |
| Sorry about the sideways pic. |
2 comments:
The cat knocked the whole dang vase over this morning! Water went everywhere. Well, not everywhere and that's the problem. Now there's a clean spot on the floor and we're going to have to mop the rest of the floor so it will blend in!
Maybe better with pussy willows, so there is no water involved. Love those kitties!
Post a Comment